1.Most car polishes out there cut deep into the top level of clear coat to remove scratches. But oftentimes you want to preserve the integrity of the paint while still removing scratches. That’s where Smoothing Polish comes in. Instead of aggressively cutting into the clear coat, this hand polish rounds the edges of scratches while also filling them in. This makes scratches completely unnoticeable, but doesn’t remove any paint, making this product a great alternative to more aggressive polishes and compounds.
2. Smoothing Polish was formulated with diminishing abrasive technology. It contains fine abrasives that break down as you work the polish into the paint. This means that you can’t cause damage to the paint surface by over polishing, because the polish will become less and less gritty as you use it.
For the best shine possible follow with a glaze and finish with a wax.
Although recommended for hand polishing, Smoothing Polish can be safely used with a machine buffer.
1.Shake well and apply to a foam applicator.
2. Using moderate pressure, work a small area of the affected paint surface at a time.
3. Let Smoothing Polish dry before removing with a soft and dry microfiber towel.
4. If removing specific scratches, work the polish perpendicularly to the scratches.
5. Check area for imperfections and repeat process if necessary.
6. Follow with Finishing Glaze and a wax or sealant for maximum results.
Before applying, test a small amount in an inconspicuous place to check compatibility with surface.
Great on Oxidation Review by AAPro
This is really a great product. I applied this polish by hand to an older vehicle with neglected/oxidized black paint. After one application by hand, majority of the oxidation was removed without leaving the annoying slight haze that many other light polishes leave on black vehicles. (Posted on 10/22/2013)
Works Great Review by M.D.
My door handles and door lock areas were starting to get these small scratches. My good friend told me about this site to look for a product. I bought, I tried it, and it worked! Took most, not all, but most of the scratches away. (Posted on 8/1/2011)
Great Buy Review by Terry
Found this great product, and have been using it on my vintage car collection. Great product that really does what it says! (Posted on 3/15/2011)